5 Common Types Of Roaches And How To Get Rid Of Them
If you have never seen any cockroaches in your life, then you are very lucky. And If you have ever seen cockroaches then you must be aware of the problems created by them. But like all other pests, there are many types of cockroaches. Moreover, cockroaches can enter your house anyhow. However, it’s very difficult to distinguish among the species of cockroaches. Also, it is very challenging to control cockroaches. Well no worries, in this article we will include the: 5 Common Types Of Roaches And How To Get Rid Of Them. Simply with the following article, you will be knowing how to remove different cockroach species from your property. Let’s discuss 5 Common Types Of Roaches And How To Get Rid Of Them.
Some Common Types Of Cockroach Species And Ways To Get Rid Of Them
The cockroach species are divided into two groups. Thus the two groups are domestic and peridomestic cockroaches. Apart from this, there are many other types of cockroaches. Regardless, there are different ways to remove cockroach species. Hence following are 5 Common Types Of Roaches And How To Get Rid Of Them:
- German Cockroach: German cockroach is the most common species of cockroach. German cockroaches are very small in size and light brown in appearance. The German cockroach is ¾ mm larger. Moreover, German cockroaches have two stripes on their body, basically Adult cockroaches. German cockroaches are most common at residential properties. Simply these types of cockroaches wanted to infest basically in an inner-city environment.
- Control: Unfortunately, not many insecticides are very effective for controlling German cockroaches. That’s why to control the German cockroach you should become more active to get rid of them. However, we suggest you use the baiting process for controlling the German cockroaches. Thus put the targeted ingredient on wax paper for controlling German cockroaches.
- Brown Banded cockroaches: Well brown-banded cockroaches are also smaller cockroaches just like the German ones. However, apart from German cockroaches, you cannot recognize the brown-banded cockroach at the immature stage. Typically brown-banded cockroaches are red-brown in appearance. Moreover, brown-banded cockroaches are commonly higher in rooms as they don’t need a water source. In addition, you will not find the brown-banded cockroaches crawling all over the room.
- Control: These types of cockroaches are not at all resistant to anything. Therefore, any type of bait can be very effective in controlling the brown-banded cockroach from your place. Moreover, there is no need to rotate the bait every month to control the brown-banded cockroach.
- American Cockroach: Apart from Brown-banded and German, American Cockroach is the largest species common mainly in Australia and North America. Also, the American Cockroach is 2 inches long in the adult stage. Moreover, American cockroaches are reading and even shiny in colour. This American Cockroach is also known as the palmetto bug. However, American cockroaches are common in low-level Apartments. In addition, these types of American cockroaches live in the sewer system.
- Control: Whenever you find the American cockroach, put the bait that is dabs. Thus put this dab of baiting at the common places of American cockroaches are in the kitchen, behind the fridge, under the sink etc.
- Smoky Brown Cockroach: Smoky Brown Cockroaches are just similar to American Cockroaches in size. Moreover, smoky brown cockroaches reach up to 2 inches in size. However, Smoky Brown Cockroaches are pure black in appearance. Regardless, the smoky brown cockroach is shiny but they are not as shiny as the American Cockroaches. Moreover, a smoky brown Cockroach lives in a suburban environment. Also, these smoky brown cockroaches are most commonly active in the winter season.
- Control: However, Smoky brown cockroaches are not famous for spreading the infestation at home. As smoky brown cockroaches do not prefer to live in the house. Thus firstly you can control the smoky brown cockroach with a shoe and hammer instead of insecticide. Hence if the infestation of them becomes larger try to use the baiting method then.
- Oriental Cockroach: Oriental cockroaches are commonly known as water bugs. Nevertheless, oriental cockroaches are dark brown In appearance. Moreover, Oriental cockroaches are also large in size. However, there are distinguishing elements of oriental cockroaches as compared to other species. That is female oriental cockroaches don’t have wings to fly and even the male oriental cockroach too has short wings. Even oriental cockroaches are common in moist places on your property such as cooler. Also, these types of cockroaches are mostly active during the rainy season.
- Control: Similarly to other cockroach species you can control the oriental cockroaches through the baiting method. However, for controlling the oriental cockroach you must put the baiting in the basement instead of putting it in the kitchen or your bathroom.
Signs Of Cockroach Infestation At Your Property
Cockroaches leave their signs of existence behind. However, spotting a cockroach infestation on your property is much easier than other pests. Moreover, cockroaches hide during the day and become most active at night. Thus following are some common signs of cockroach infestations:
- Black droppings on the ground just like coffee powder is the first common sign of cockroach infestation.
- Cockroaches make smear marks on the ground while crawling.
- Moreover, the egg-type capsule of cockroaches is another symptom of a cockroach infestation.
- Furthermore, if you feel an unpleasant smell at your property then understand your house is suffering from the roaches infestation.
- Unusual damage on food items can also be considered a sign of cockroach.
Hope you are aware of the 5 Common Types Of Roaches And How To Get Rid Of Them. Well for controlling the above common cockroach species you can use the given tips or hire pest control experts. If needed, you must contact certified experts for controlling the cockroaches. As certified experts know every way to cockroach control. Even they use the best and most effective solution for eliminating the different cockroaches.